Nominations and Candidate Criteria
The deadline to nominate is May 12, 2019.
We are looking to recruit a diverse group of 20-24 leaders who will contribute richly to the Fellowship experience. Those selected ("Fellows") will undertake a 18-24 month program comprising four seminars of 5-7 days each and an individual leadership venture designed to have an impact on society. Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial professionals, and the class will consist of an approximate mix of 70% business and 30% NGO/civil society (leaders of nonprofit organizations, journalists, clergy, artists, etc.) and government.
Attributes of Successful Candidates
- 30-45 Years Old: At least 30 and no older than 45 by the end of 2019.
- Reside or Possess Background in the Middle East: Be of Middle Eastern background and preferably live in or have significant current dealings with the region.
- Diversity of Experience: Comes from a diverse background in terms of sector, industry, ethnicity, religion, or gender.
- Language Skills: Possess absolute fluency in English - both spoken and written.
- Entrepreneurial: Has a track record of starting things.
- At an Inflection Point: At a point in their personal or professional lives when they are ready to reflect deeply on their leadership and how they can have an even greater impact addressing challenges in their community, country, or region.
- Not be "Fully Baked": There are many social entrepreneurs already doing great things for society. We want to create more of these people by finding candidates who need a nudge to apply their business acumen and entrepreneurial talents to improve the world.
- Able to Commit to Full Participation in the Fellowship: We expect 100% participation in all four seminars—seminar dates are non-negotiable—and the development and implementation of a leadership venture with an impact on society.
- Curious Mind and Open Heart: Willing to be fully present and genuine and to listen to differing points of view with an open mind and heart.
The Middle East Leadership Initiative's 6th class will run from November 2019-June 2021, with seminar dates as follows:
- Seminar 1: Nov 1-6, 2019 (Dead Sea, Jordan)
- Seminar 2: March 27-April 2, 2020 (Location TBD)
- Seminar 3: Choose from a variety of dates between Dec 2020 and March 2021
- Seminar 4: June 4-9, 2021 (Location TBD)
If you have any questions regarding nominations, please contact Julie Song, Senior Manager.