Around The Institute: Aspen Addressing Global Affairs
Homeland Security Program
- WHO ARE THEY: Aspen's Homeland Security Program works to heighten public awareness as to the nation’s continued vulnerability to terrorism, and to close the gap between how secure we should be and how secure we actually are.
- HOT OFF THE PRESS: Their most recent report encourages significantly bolstering U.S. cybersecurity and stresses the importance about working with foreign allies to address shared threats to humanity, such as terrorism. It provides insider insight into the administration's upcoming inflection points.
- LET'S TALK ABOUT IT: This call for cooperation relates to a topical dialogue featured at the Action Forum: "Global Re-Set: The rise of nationalism."
Energy and Environment Program
- WHO ARE THEY: Aspen's Energy and Environment Program is a prominent convener of non-partisan policy dialogue and neutral forums focused on key energy and environmental topics and how to advance environmental sustainability in a technological world.
- HOT OFF THE PRESS: One of the program's recent reports on a strategy for saving U.S. nuclear power charts a course for the nation to use all of the resources available to best reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It illuminates the current opportunities available in the energy sector.
- LET'S TALK ABOUT IT: The Energy and Environment Program seeks to encourage politicians and business leaders to adapt to the current state of environmental affairs, which is reflected in the topical dialogue "Environment Re-Set: Adapting to the new normal."
Financial Security Program
- WHO ARE THEY: Aspen's Financial Security Program leverages human insights and entrepreneurial thinking to find policies, products, and services that deliver greater financial security for millions of Americans.
- HOT OFF THE PRESS: The program compiled this report, which finds that hybrid financial products, like cards or apps that help you both spend and save, can mitigate the negative effects of income volatility. It explores why the development of hybrid financial products is worth investing in.
- LET'S TALK ABOUT IT: These innovative hybrid financial products are the kind of helpful inventions that will be highlighted in the topical dialogue "Financial Re-Set: Innovation for good."
These are just a few of the different programs at the Aspen Institute that drive thought and action on global issues. Like AGLN Fellows, these programs have succeeded at finding opportunities where others see only problems. Click here to explore other Aspen programs!