Discounted rates are available for Resnick Aspen Action Forum participants at several Aspen-area hotels. Please contact the property directly to make a reservation. If you would like assistance with a reservation, we are pleased to work with specialists at Ski.com and Stay Aspen Snowmass for travel and lodging needs in the Aspen area. For booking assistance, please contact Marcie Cutler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 525-2052 ext. 3321 or (970) 925-9500 ext. 3321 or Theresa Hernandez, Stay Aspen Snowmass ,(855) 203-4942, email@example.com
|Hotel||Cost||How to Make a Reservation|
|The Limelight Hotel||5% off available rates||Aspen: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Aspenreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (866) 987-0352, please make sure to reference the group name (Resnick Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates. You can also use this booking link to receive discounted rates.
Snowmass: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Snowmassreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (844) 362-7119, please make sure to reference the group name (Resnick Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates. You can also use this booking link to receive discounted rates.
|Aspen Square Hotel||Discounted rates for:
|The Aspen Square Condominium Hotel has confirmed discounted rates for the Aspen Action Forum (July 27-30, 2022). To make your reservation, call +1 (800) 862-7736 and reference Aspen Action Forum. Reservations are based on availability at booking. Tax and service additional.|
|The Gant||20% off available rates with reservations made no later than February 28, 2022.||To secure reservations, use this booking link: Aspen Action Forum 2022
Booking Code: Action22
|Frias Properties of Aspen & Independence Square Hotel||15% off available rates||To make your reservation, please call 800-633-0336 / 970-920-2010 or email Reservations@FriasProperties.com and reference ‘Aspen Action Forum’ to receive discounted rates.|
|Annabelle Inn||10% off available rates||To make your reservation, please call 877-266-2466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Aspen Action Forum’ to receive discounted rates. Please note, there are a limited number of rooms, so reservations will be first-come, first-served.|
|Hotel Aspen||15% off available rates||To make your reservation, please call 970-925-3441 and reference 'Action Forum' or 'AF30' or use this booking link to receive the discounted rates.|
|Aspen Mountain Lodge||To make a reservation please call 970-925-7650 or email email@example.com|
|The Inn at Aspen||To make a reservation visit Inn at Aspen|
|Hyatt Grand Aspen||To secure a reservation: Hyatt Grand Aspen|
|Hearthstone House||For reservations call:(970) 925-7632 or visit Hearthstone House|
|Hotel Jerome||For reservations call (855) 331-7213 or visit Hotel Jerome|
|W Aspen||For reservations call (970) 431-0800 or visit W Aspen|
|The St. Regis Aspen Resort||For reservations call (970) 920-3300 or visit St. Regis Aspen|
|The Little Nell||For reservations call (855) 920-4600 or visit The Little Nell|
If you are interested in renting a home or condo for this year's Resnick Aspen Action Forum, please consider using one of property rental sites below.
- Aspen Signature Properties: To inquire about available properties, please call Tracy Sutton at (970) 544-8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Slifer, Smith, Frampton Real Estate: To inquire about available properties, please call Ann Wilkinson Smith at (970) 618-8591 or email email@example.com.
- Aspen Luxury Vacation Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call (970) 205-9960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whitman Fine Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call Wendalin Whitman at (970) 544-3771 or email email@example.com.
- Stay Aspen: Snowmass House Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Stay Aspen at (970) 429-5046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frias Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call (970) 429-2441 or email email@example.com.
- Alpine Property Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Alpine Property at +1 (866) 208-2407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lift One Condos: To inquire about available properties, please call Lift One at (970) 925-1670 or email email@example.com
Participants should book their flights into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) which is approximately 10-15 minutes from hotels throughout Aspen. Please plan to arrive in Aspen no later than Tuesday, July 26 and plan to depart no earlier than Sunday, July 31. We encourage you to consider arriving a day early to acclimate to Aspen's altitude.
During the summertime, direct flights to Aspen are available from Denver, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. Complimentary airport transportation is included at many of the hotels above.
Driving to Aspen
The drive from Denver to Aspen is approximately 4 hours depending on traffic and weather with two routes available either over Independence Pass (via Highway 82) or on Highway I-70 (via Glenwood Canyon and Glenwood Springs.) Check cotrip.org for up-to-date information and any road closures.
Shuttle Transportation within Aspen
Complimentary shuttles are available to bring participants from downtown Aspen to the Aspen Meadows Resort. An event shuttle will circulate during select hours with stops at the Aspen Meadows Resort and the other hotel properties listed above. A schedule will be available at registration.
Still have questions about travel to Aspen? Please contact Charlotte Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weather and Altitude
The days should be high-70s to mid-80s Fahrenheit (21-26 C) and the evenings will be in the 40s F (5-10 C). The weather in Aspen changes very quickly and summertime rainstorms are not uncommon. Sunscreen is encouraged for all attendees.
The dress code for the Action Forum is "Aspen Casual"- attire can range from jeans, boots, and a rugged button-up shirt to khakis, loafers, and a sport coat. We recommend packing layers as Aspen can be very cold in the morning/evening and hot during the day. If you plan to participate in the hike, bring sneakers or hiking boots.
Oxygen levels are lower at high altitudes. That coupled with the dry climate can contribute to the symptoms of altitude sickness- nausea, insomnia, shortness of breath, headache, accelerated pulse or nasal congestion. You can prepare yourself by staying well-hydrated, avoiding alcoholic beverages, keeping physical exertion to a minimum and taking in additional oxygen. An oxygen bar will be available.
Activities in Aspen
- Bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern – You can bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern on the Rio Grande Trail. It is a flat gravel path. Woody Creek Tavern is a historic Aspen restaurant that Hunter S Thompson used to frequent. They have outdoor seating and great food/margaritas. You can take the bus and bikes back so that you don’t have to bike home too.
- Gondola Rides to the Top of Aspen Mountain - Ride the Silver Queen Gondola to 11,212 ft. to the Sundeck. Grab lunch, go for a quick hike or just enjoy the view! It's quite spectacular.
- Bike Riding with Blazing Adventures
- Shopping in Aspen
- Remede Spa - St. Regis Aspen
- More Activities - For more activities such as hot air balloon rides, horse back riding, paragliding, rafting, jeep tours, rock climbing, road biking, etc., please take a look at the Aspen Chamber's website.
2022 RESNICK ASPEN ACTION FORUM SUPPORTERS
ENDOWED FUNDING PROVIDED BY
THE RESNICK FAMILY FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
DAVID M. RUBENSTEIN
MASTERCARD CENTER FOR INCLUSIVE GROWTH
THE JOHN P. AND ANNE WELSH MCNULTY FOUNDATION
MARGOT AND TOM PRITZKER
GILLIAN AND ROBERT STEEL
DENA KAYE AND SYLVIA FINE KAYE FOUNDATION
THE RED & BLUE BADGE SCHOLARSHIP FOR CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING
SOCIETY OF FELLOWS LEADERSHIP FUND
THE TESSLER FAMILY
DAVID T. MCLAUGHLIN LEADERSHIP FUND
NAKASONE SCHOLARSHIP FUND