Staying in Aspen
Discounted rates are available for Resnick Aspen Action Forum participants at several Aspen-area hotels. Please do not make a reservation until your registration for the Action Forum is confirmed. We are pleased to work with specialists at Ski.com for travel and lodging needs in the Aspen area. For booking assistance, please contact Marcie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 324-9606
If you have any questions about lodging or travel to Aspen, please contact Olivia O'Neil at email@example.com.
|Hotel||Cost||How to Make a Reservation|
|The Aspen Meadows Resort||$2,300 plus taxes and resort fees||Reservations at The Aspen Meadows Resort can only be made during registration.
A very limited block of rooms is available for Fellows at The Aspen Meadows Resort. Standard reservations are available for 5 nights from check-in on July 23 to checkout on July 28.
|The Limelight Hotel||5% off available rates||Aspen: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Aspenreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (866) 987-0352, please make sure to reference the group name (Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates.
Snowmass: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Snowmassreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (844) 362-7119, please make sure to reference the group name (Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates.
|Annabelle Inn||10% off available rates||To make your reservation please call +1 (877) 266-2466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the Resnick Aspen Action Forum. Please note, there are a limited number of rooms, so reservations will be first-come, first-served.|
|Aspen Square Hotel||Discounted rates for:
Fireplace studios: $359/night
2 bedroom/2 bath: $639/night
|The Aspen Square Hotel has confirmed the rates for reservation from July 24-28. To make your reservation please call + 1 (866) 286-2596 and use the Group ID: 54134. Reservations based on availability at booking.|
|Mountain Chalet||5% off available rates||To make your reservation please call +1 (970) 925-7797 and mention the Resnick Aspen Action Forum. Please note, there are a limited number of rooms, so reservations will be first-come, first-served.|
|Molly Gibson Lodge||Space available, discounted rates||To make your reservation please call +1 (970) 925-3434 and mention the Resnick Aspen Action Forum. Please note, there are a limited number of rooms, so reservations will be first-come, first-served.|
|Hotel Aspen||Space available, discounted rates||To make your reservation please call +1 (970) 925-3441 and mention the Resnick Aspen Action Forum. Please note, there are a limited number of rooms, so reservations will be first-come, first-served.|
|The Gant||30% off available rates with reservations made no later than March 31, 2019.||To secure individual room reservations, attendees must call The Gant Group Reservations Department at +1 (970) 920-6063 and identify themselves as member of the Aspen Action Forum 2019. Guests can also visit www.gantaspen.com and enterACTION19 in the promotional code Section.|
|Frias Properties of Aspen & Independence Square Hotel||15% off available rates||To make your reservation, please call 800-633-0336 / 970-920-2010 or email Reservations@FriasProperties.com and reference ‘Aspen Action Forum’ to receive discounted rates.|
If you are interested in renting a home or condo for this year's Resnick Aspen Action Forum, please consider using one of property rental sites below.
- Aspen Signature Properties: To inquire about available properties, please call Ann Wilkinson Smith at (970) 544-8001 or email email@example.com.
- Aspen Luxury Vacation Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call (970) 618-8290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whitman Fine Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call Wendalin Whitman at (970) 544-3771 or email email@example.com.
- Stay Aspen: Snowmass House Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Stay Aspen at (970) 429-5046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frias Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call the Group Sales Manager at (970) 429-2453 or email email@example.com.
- Alpine Property Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Alpine Property at +1 (866) 208-2407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lift One Condos: To inquire about available properties, please call Lift One at (970) 925-1670 or email email@example.com
Participants should book their flights into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) which is approximately 10-15 minutes from hotels throughout Aspen. Please plan to arrive in Aspen no later than 10:00 AM on Wednesday, July 24 and arrange departures on Sunday, July 28.
We encourage you to arrive a day early to acclimate to Aspen's altitude. During the summertime, flights to Aspen are available from Denver, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. Complimentary airport transportation is included at each of the hotels above.
Driving to Aspen
The drive from Denver to Aspen is approximately 4 hours depending on traffic and weather. Epic Mountain Express will provide shuttle transport from Denver International Airport to Aspen for a discounted rate of around $99 per person each way. There will be a number of shuttles running daily from the Denver airport and you can find the schedule here. To book a reservation, call 800-525-6363 or click here and use the code: Institute.
Shuttle Transportation within Aspen
Complimentary shuttles are available to bring participants to the Aspen Meadows Resort. An event shuttle will circulate during select hours with stops at the Aspen Meadows Resort and the other hotel properties listed above. A schedule will be available closer to the event.
Weather and Altitude
The days should be high-70s to mid-80s Fahrenheit (21-26 C) and the evenings will be in the 40s (5-10 C). The weather in Aspen changes very quickly and summertime storms are not uncommon. Sunscreen is encouraged for all attendees.
The dress code for the Action Forum is “Aspen Casual” – for example – jeans, a button down shirt and a sweater. Bring a light jacket for the evenings. If you plan to participate on the hike, bring sneakers or hiking boots.
Oxygen levels are lower at high altitudes. That coupled with the dry climate can contribute to the symptoms of altitude sickness -‐ nausea, insomnia, shortness of breath, headache, accelerated pulse or nasal congestion. You can prepare yourself by staying well‐hydrated, avoiding alcoholic beverages, keeping physical exertion to a minimum and taking in additional oxygen. An oxygen bar will be available.
Activities in Aspen
- Bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern – You can bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern on the Rio Grande Trail. It is a flat gravel path. Woody Creek Tavern is a historic Aspen restaurant that Hunter S Thompson used to frequent. They have outdoor seating and great food/margaritas. You can take the bus and bikes back so that you don’t have to bike home too.
- Gondola Rides to the Top of Aspen Mountain - Ride the Silver Queen Gondola to 11,212 ft. to the Sundeck. Grab lunch, go for a quick hike or just enjoy the view! It's quite spectacular.
- Bike Riding with Blazing Adventures
- Shopping in Aspen
- Remede Spa - St. Regis Aspen
- More Activities - For more activities such as hot air balloon rides, horse back riding, paragliding, rafting, jeep tours, rock climbing, road biking, etc., please take a look at the Aspen Chamber's website.
- Childcare and Babysitters - If you need a babysitter, please contact Dulcy Kenner for a list of babysitting services in Aspen at Dulcy.Kenner@aspeninstitute.org.
<< BACK TO ACTION FORUM