Most participants will choose to book a rental homes with other attendees or stay at a local hotel in downtown Aspen. If you are looking for a cost effective lodging option, prices can be lower in Snowmass which is located about 20 minutes from Aspen.
Please note that lodging is already selling out for the summer and will get more expensive as we get closer to the event date. We recommend securing lodging early, looking at accommodations in Snowmass, and arranging group housing to help with rising costs.
|Hotel||Cost||How to Make a Reservation|
|The Limelight Hotel||5% off available rates||Aspen: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Aspenreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (866) 987-0352, please make sure to reference the group name (Resnick Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates.
Snowmass: To make your reservation please have your guests either email Snowmassreservations@limelighthotels.com or call (844) 362-7119, please make sure to reference the group name (Resnick Aspen Action Forum) to receive the discounted rates.
|Aspen Square Hotel||Discounted rates for:
|To make your reservation, call +1 (800) 862-7736 and reference Aspen Action Forum or enter ACTIONFORUM23 inside the promo box for an online reservation. Reservations are based on availability at booking. Tax and service additional.|
|Frias Properties of Aspen & Independence Square Hotel||20% off available rates||To make your reservation, please call 800-633-0336 / 970-920-2010 or email Reservations@FriasProperties.com and reference ‘Aspen Action Forum’ to receive discounted rates.|
|The Aspen Mountain Residences||To make a reservation call: 970-429-9100 or call Tim Car 970-379-9935 or Tami Brown 585-205-8732|
|Aspen Mountain Lodge||To make a reservation please call 970-925-7650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Inn at Aspen||To make a reservation visit Inn at Aspen or call 970- 925- 1500|
|Hyatt Grand Aspen||To secure a reservation: Hyatt Grand Aspen|
|Hearthstone House||For reservations call:(970) 925-7632 or visit Hearthstone House|
|Hotel Jerome||For reservations call (855) 331-7213 or visit Hotel Jerome|
|W Aspen||For reservations call (970) 431-0800 or visit W Aspen|
|The St. Regis Aspen Resort||For reservations call (970) 920-3300 or visit St. Regis Aspen|
|The Little Nell||For reservations call (855) 920-4600 or visit The Little Nell|
|Viewline||For reservations call (970) 923-8200 or visit Viewline
Located in nearby Snowmass
|Wildwood||For reservations call (970) 923-8400 or visit Wildwood
Located in nearby Snowmass
|Element||For reservations call (970) 340-4040 or visit Element
Located in nearby Basalt
|Aspenalt||For reservations call (970) 927-3191 or visit Aspenalt
Located in nearby Basalt
If you are interested in renting a home or condo for this year's Resnick Aspen Action Forum, please consider using one of property rental sites below.
- Aspen Signature Properties: To inquire about available properties, please call Tracy Sutton at (970) 544-8001 or email email@example.com.
- Slifer, Smith, Frampton Real Estate: To inquire about available properties, please call Ann Wilkinson Smith at (970) 618-8591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aspen Luxury Vacation Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call (970) 205-9960 or email email@example.com.
- Whitman Fine Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call Wendalin Whitman at (970) 544-3771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay Aspen: Snowmass House Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Stay Aspen at (970) 429-5046 or email email@example.com.
- Frias Properties:To inquire about available properties, please call (970) 429-2441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alpine Property Rentals: To inquire about available properties, please call Alpine Property at +1 (866) 208-2407 or email email@example.com.
CLOSED Aspen Meadows Lottery
Fellows who indicated interest in Aspen Meadows lodging earlier this year will be contracted by the end of April with their lottery results. Please reach out to Sandia Taban (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
- We highly suggest that you confirm alternative lodging should you not be selected given the high volume of interest.
Participants should book their flights into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) which is approximately 10-15 minutes from hotels throughout Aspen. Please plan to arrive in Aspen no later than Tuesday, July 25 in the morning and plan to depart no earlier than Friday, July 28 in the afternoon. We encourage you to consider arriving a day early to acclimate to Aspen's altitude.
During the summertime, direct flights to Aspen are available from Denver, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Complimentary airport transportation is included at many of the hotels above and should be coordinated directly with the property.
Driving to Aspen
The drive from Denver to Aspen is approximately 4 hours depending on traffic and weather with two routes available either over Independence Pass (via Highway 82) or on Highway I-70 (via Glenwood Canyon and Glenwood Springs.) Check cotrip.org for up-to-date information and any road closures.
Shuttle Transportation within Aspen
Complimentary shuttles are available to bring participants from downtown Aspen to the Aspen Meadows Resort. An event shuttle will circulate during select hours with stops at the Aspen Meadows Resort and the other hotel properties listed above. A schedule will be available at registration. Downtown Aspen is very walkable and the WE-cycle bikeshare program makes quick trips across town easy and fun!
Still have questions about travel to Aspen? Please contact Charlotte Lewis at email@example.com.
Weather and Altitude
The days should be high-70s to mid-80s Fahrenheit (21-26 C) and the evenings will be in the 40s F (5-10 C). The weather in Aspen changes very quickly and summertime rainstorms are not uncommon. Sunscreen is encouraged for all attendees.
The dress code for the Action Forum is "Aspen Casual"- attire can range from jeans, boots, and a rugged button-up shirt to khakis, loafers, and a sport coat. We recommend packing layers as Aspen can be very cold in the morning/evening and hot during the day. If you plan to participate in the hike, bring sneakers or hiking boots.
Oxygen levels are lower at high altitudes. That coupled with the dry climate can contribute to the symptoms of altitude sickness- nausea, insomnia, shortness of breath, headache, accelerated pulse or nasal congestion. You can prepare yourself by staying well-hydrated, avoiding alcoholic beverages, keeping physical exertion to a minimum and taking in additional oxygen. An oxygen bar will be available.
Activities in Aspen
- Bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern – You can bike from Aspen to Woody Creek Tavern on the Rio Grande Trail. It is a flat gravel path. Woody Creek Tavern is a historic Aspen restaurant that Hunter S Thompson used to frequent. They have outdoor seating and great food/margaritas. You can take the bus and bikes back so that you don’t have to bike home too.
- Gondola Rides to the Top of Aspen Mountain - Ride the Silver Queen Gondola to 11,212 ft. to the Sundeck. Grab lunch, go for a quick hike or just enjoy the view! It's quite spectacular.
- Bike Riding with Blazing Adventures
- Shopping in Aspen
- Remede Spa - St. Regis Aspen
- More Activities - For more activities such as hot air balloon rides, horse back riding, paragliding, rafting, jeep tours, rock climbing, road biking, etc., please take a look at the Aspen Chamber's website.
2023 RESNICK ASPEN ACTION FORUM PARTNERS
ENDOWED FUNDING PROVIDED BY
THE RESNICK FAMILY FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY
DAVID M. RUBENSTEIN
THE SKOLL FOUNDATION
THE JOHN P. AND ANNE WELSH MCNULTY FOUNDATION
MARGOT AND TOM PRITZKER
MASTERCARD CENTER FOR INCLUSIVE GROWTH
GILLIAN AND ROBERT STEEL
MCKINSEY HEALTH INSTITUTE
DANNY KAYE AND SYLVIA FINE KAYE FOUNDATION
SOCIETY OF FELLOWS/TRUSTEE LEADERSHIP FUND
THE RED & BLUE BADGE SCHOLARSHIP FOR CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING
THE TESSLER FAMILY
ASPEN INSTITUTE GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
JIM AND ELAINE MCDADE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
MICHAEL KLEIN AND JOAN FABRY