Title and Organization:
Siobhan MacDermott is vice chairman in Global Corporate & Investment Banking, with a primary focus on global technology. Previously, she served as head of the Global Cyber Public Policy team, responsible for Bank of America’s participation in programs dedicated to improving cyber resiliency of the global financial system including thought leadership, engagement, geo strategic risk analysis and contingency planning. Siobhan joined Bank of America in July 2016 after leading the Cyber Economics practice at EY (Ernst & Young), and consulting to Fortune 500 boards on geopolitics and cybersecurity. Prior to EY, she was Chief Investment Officer for AVG Technologies in the Czech Republic, London and Netherlands and spent over 20 years working in Silicon Valley, running several IPOs and M&A deals. Siobhan helped direct strategy for a number of financial services and technology companies around the globe. In addition, she’s an accomplished author, having just published her sixth book.
Current Board Seats/Appointments:
- Vice Chair, Fund for Peace, Washington DC
- Advisory Board Member, Free Trade Europa, Stockholm, Sweden
- Associate Fellow, Global Fellowship Initiative, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Geneva, Switzerland
- Board Member, Edward R. Murrieta Center for a Digital World, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- Member, Advisory Council of the Global Master of Arts Program, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Boston, MA
- Board Member, Center for Global Risk and Security, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA
- Fellow, 2018 class, Finance Leaders Fellowship, Aspen, CO
- Member, Aspen Global Leadership Network (AGLN), Aspen, CO
She graduated from Temple University with a Bachelor of Arts in German Language and Literature. She holds a Master of Business Administration in International Business and Economics from Thunderbird School of Global Management and a Global Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy from the Fletcher School at Tufts University. She has worked in eight countries and speaks five languages.