Seeking funding to fight COVID-19 misinformation
I am being bombarded with requests from friends, family and even two media outlets so far to verify misinformation circulating on social media. 
Given my infectious diseases and public health background, many of them are easy to address. However, some require extensive research and take a lot of time. For example, I have spent 3 hours this morning and still researching suspected misinformation about the association between covid fatalities and ibuprofen. To do this right I'd love to turn more attention to addressing health misinformation and hiring a few folks to help implement a strategy.
Do you know of organizations, foundations, funders, etc. that would be interested in funding a small team on a quick turnaround to start this? Once we got going we could likely generate more funding based on the content we produce and engagement we achieve.
Thanks for any advice and recommendations!
Replies

Subscribe to Topic

If you're not seeing any posts on this page, you may need to log-in. Visit our home page to log-in and join the discussion!

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tag Topic