The 2019 Edition Of The Summit: The Journey From Thought To Action - The Magazine Of The AGLN
Fellows are stepping up to lead all around the world. Learn how in the 2019 edition of Summit: The Journey from Thought to Action, the magazine of the AGLN. The five feature stories are:
- Taking Aim: Your Pledge to Act - An Action Pledge is a public commitment to action AGLN Fellows take at the Action Forum each year. Hear from Jordan Kassalow (HCF), Jill Vialet (Pahara), Pallav Patankar (KBF), and Scott Bush (HCF) on how making a Pledge pushed them to make an impact. See page 8.
- Civil Leadership for Uncivil Times - Take a deep dive into the deep need for the newest AGLN fellowship - Civil Society Fellowship - written by managing director, Nike Irvin (HCF). See page 14.
- Beyond Borders: Collective Action in Nicaragua - Learn how fellows are moving beyond borders to lead in the ongoing humanitarian crisis. See page 32.
- It Runs in the Family: When Rashi Bhatia (KBF) brought her daughter, Raina, to the Youth Action Forum in 2016, she was sparked into action at the young age of 14. Find out what's happened since and how leadership truly "runs in the family". See page 40.
- Embracing "The Other" - A personal reflection by the founding executive director and long-time moderator Keith Berwick on the boundaries people create through the idea of “the other" and how he has worked to move past them, starting with "the other” in himself. See page 42.
Most Recent Blog Posts