Urgent Needs
Share Urgent Needs

This thread is to share urgent needs within your community or a community you work with that arise through this quickly evolving pandemic in order to mobilize the network for support. 
5 Replies
some closed universities have closed labs with unused masks. do you know if a platform exists to connect these kind of mask reserve supplies with health systems who need them?
Ami Dror
1 Posts
The LeapLearner team in China sourced protective gear and can ship it anywhere around the world. N95 mask, surgical mask, medical gowns, gloves, and protective glasses.
----
In 2 weeks, we will have more than 1M people with Co19 in the USA and similar number in Europe. Small countries like Israel will have 10,000 cases. Assuming we will enforce full lockdown for few weeks – we might have “only” 1 million victims globally. If we keep moving slowly – we will end with many millions of victims.

The most important thing we need to do now is to equip people with protective gear (mainly masks). Starting with the medical teams, but also factory workers (food), delivery people and volunteers. We will need millions of volunteers (cleaning hospitals, delivering food to elderly, drive etc.) – all these people must be protected.

Governments around the world are working on it, but they can’t do it without us.

LeapLearner team in China sourced protective gear and can ship it anywhere around the world. N95 mask, surgical mask, medical gowns, gloves, and protective glasses. We’ve been shipping boxes for the last week and we must accelerate it. Its expensive (air shipment from China + pricy products), but its available and needed now. We will ship it to your house, to your local hospital, local community center, your company. Just give us the address and we will get it moving in 24 hours. Please email me at ami@leaplearner.com with requests – we will do our best to help. Please share this as needed.

Thank you,

Ami Dror
Our team at Husco (along with a number of local partners) has developed a design & supply chain for an N95 mask design that we hope can be turned on in high volume in relatively short time.  However we need to figure out how we would get our design & supply chain either certified by NIOSH (part of CDC) or at least some sort of official approval for use.  Can anyone help me make a connection with the right person, quickly?  Many thanks, Austin
I may have a source for PPE/masks. They have met the European standard, but I need to get them tested in U.S. The Utah testing facility we’ve been referred to has a multi-week waiting list. Does anyone have ideas/connections to get these masks tested/approved? I am NOT looking to make any money on this, just get the providers the PPE they need.
Hi Ami! There is a hospital and a free medical clinic in South Carolina that can use some of the protective gear. Is your email the best way to make the connection?

Hope you are well!

Adela

Subscribe to Topic

If you're not seeing any posts on this page, you may need to log-in. Visit our home page to log-in and join the discussion!

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tag Topic