Livestreamed Videos from the 2018 Resnick Aspen Action Forum
Opening Plenary the 2018 Resnick Aspen Action Forum
Managing Director Tommy Loper and Lynda Resnick open the Action Forum. Poem reading by Henry Crown Fellow, Tamsin Smith.
Action Pledge Update Presentations by:
- Niyi Yusuf, Africa Leadership Initiative - West Africa
- Adela Mendoza, Liberty Fellowship
- Caprice Young, Pahara - Aspen Education Fellowship
- Javier Alfredo Bru Roncallo, Central America Leadership Initiative
- Navyn Salem, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Govindraj Ethriraj, Kamalnayan Bajaj Fellowship
WEDNESDAY, JULY 25, 2018 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM (MT)
McNULTY PRIZE IN CONVERSATION WITH PRESIDENT OF THE FORD FOUNDATION, DARREN WALKER
The John P. McNulty Prize celebrates the boldness and impact of individuals who are using their entrepreneurial spirit and expertise to address the world’s toughest challenges. Join Anne Welsh McNulty and Darren Walker for an evening celebrating inspired leadership.
- Hope Azeda, Africa Leadership Initiative - East Africa
- Dave Gilboa, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Govindraj Ethiraj, Kamalnayan Bajaj Fellowship
- Mehrdad Baghai, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
Interviewer, Jay Coen Gilbert, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
THURSDAY, JULY 26, 2018 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (MT)
Townhall: Future of Work
What will the future of work look like in 5, 10, or even 20 years? How will we, as leaders, respond to these changes? Panelists discuss the Future of Work.
Session Sponsor: Care.com and Cognizant
- Frederick Swaniker, Africa Leadership Initiative - South Africa
- Malcolm Frank, Executive Vice President, Strategy & Marketing, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Sheila Marcelo, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Manoj Kumar, Founder & CEO, Naandi Foundation
THURSDAY, JULY 26, 2018 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM (MT)
Evening Salon: If We Were Really Fearless We Would...
The world needs brave and courageous leaders. If we were really serious, what would we be doing right now? Why aren’t we? Hear from AGLN Fellows about where Fearless Leadership is needed the most.
- David Brooks, The Aspen Institute and The New York Times
- Felix Maradiaga, Central America Leadership Initiative
- Indrani Bagchi, Kamalnyan Bajaj Fellowship
FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (MT)
Townhall: Preparing for the Global Economy
The global economy is changing at a rapid pace. By 2050, six of the seven largest economies in the world are projected to be emerging economies, led by China, India, and Indonesia. As the global economy grows and evolves, what’s the responsibility of leaders to ensure that economic benefits of this growth is inclusive and felt by all? And how are we, as Aspen Fellows, acknowledging and addressing these seismic shifts in our roles as citizens and leaders?
Session Sponsor: MasterCard Center for Inclusive Growth
- Shamina Singh, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Shane Tedjarati, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Noor Sweid, Finance Leaders Fellowship
FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM (MT)
A Conversation with Henry Crown Fellow, Bill Browder
Being fearless is hard enough, but could you stay strong if the whole world was watching? Hear from a Henry Crown Fellow who is facing down the Russian government in defense of the rule of law.
FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM (MT)
Evening Salon: Fearless Youth
From the “March for Our Lives” movement in the United States to Malala Yousafzai taking a stand in Pakistan, youth have been stepping up to become the next generation of fearless leaders. What are the values and societal concerns that are driving youth to act? Hear from Youth Camp participants on what Fearless Leadership means to them.
Featured Youth Campers:
- Annabel Lee, 15 years-old, China
- Salvador Gabriel Gomez, 15 years-old, United States (Puerto Rico)
- Isaiah Sonn Pather, 14 years-old, South Africa
- Lucia Fernandez, 15 years-old, United States (Georgia)
- Daniel Mills, 14 years-old, United States (Florida)
SATURDAY, JULY 28, 2018 5:30PM - 7:00 PM (MT)
As the 2018 Action Forum comes to a close, we are joined in conversation by the Aspen Institute’s new president and CEO, Dan Porterfield. Come to hear about what values based leadership means to him and what goals he has for the Aspen Global Leadership Network. David Langstaff, interim executive vice president for the Leadership & Seminars Department, will provide closing remarks.
Action Pledge presentations by:
- Rupal Patel, Health Innovators Fellowship
- Doug Moorehead, Henry Crown Fellowship
- Jocelyn Mangan, Henry Crown Fellowship
- Govindraj Ethiraj, Kamalnayan Bajaj Fellowship
- Jill Vialet, Pahara-Aspen Education Fellowship
- Di-Ann Eisnor, Henry Crown Fellowship
- Claudia Salmeron, Central America Leadership Initiative
- Ami Dror, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
- Victor Reinoso, Pahara-Aspen Fellow
- James Abraham, Kamalnayan Bajaj Fellow
2018 Action Forum Youth Camp Reflections
Facebook Live Conversations
Liberty Fellow Adela Mendoza on the Student DREAMers Alliance
McNulty Prize Laureates Hope Azeda and Govindraj Ethiraj
David Brooks and Victor Reinoso Live at the Resnick Aspen Action Forum
McNulty Prize Laureates Mehrdad Baghai and Dave Gilboa Live at the Resnick Aspen Action Forum