Announcing The 2023 Class Of The Finance Leaders Fellowship
In an era marked by financial crises and disruptive market events, the need for transformative change within the finance industry has become undeniable. The Finance Leaders Fellowship welcomes the 2023 Class as they embark on a two-year leadership journey to cultivate a new generation of industry frontrunners who not only excel in their fields but also champion values-driven leadership and social impact. Their cohort plans to address the pressing challenges such as the racial wealth gap, affordable housing, gender disparity, the digital divide, responsible investing, and inclusive lending practices. Collectively and individually, these Fellows will go on to spearhead systemic solutions that redefine the industry's trajectory.
As they bridge the gap between success and significance, these Fellows join the Aspen Global Leadership Network comprised of over 3,500 leaders striving to create a better world that benefits all. The Finance Fellows program is a testament to the power of finance leaders who are committed to driving positive change and ensuring a more inclusive and sustainable financial ecosystem for future generations.
- Rukaiyah Adams, Chief Executive Officer and Investor, 1803 Fund, Portland, OR, United States
- Jane Ambachtsheer, Global Head of Sustainability, BNP Paribas Asset Management, Toronto, Canada
- Amit Anand, Founding Partner and Managing Director, Jungle Ventures, Singapore, Singapore
- Carsten Coesfeld, Chief Executive Officer, Bertelsmann Investments, Gütersloh, Germany
- Brian Grossman, Managing Director, Head of Business Development and Product Strategy, BlackRock Impact Opportunities, BlackRock, Inc., Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Dawson Her Many Horses, Managing Director, Head of Native American Banking, Wells Fargo & Company, Las Vegas, NV, United States
- Samara Hernandez, Founding Partner, Chingona Ventures, Chicago, IL, United States
- Suyi Kim, Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Private Equity, The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Toronto, Canada
- Kristi Mitchem, Most Recently Chief Executive Officer, BMO Global Asset Management, Bank of Montreal, Wellington, FL, United States
- Neamul Mohsin, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Oxford University Endowment Management, London, United Kingdom
- Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn, President and Group Chief Executive, Permodalan Nasional Berhad, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Gunnar Overstrom, Partner, Corsair Capital, New York, NY, United States
- Kyung-Ah Park, Head of ESG Investment Management and Managing Director, Sustainability, Temasek Holdings, New York, NY, United States
- Alex Paul, Global Co-Head, Financial Institutions Group, HSBC Bank plc, London, United Kingdom
- Mia Pittman, Chief Risk Officer, Federal Housing Administration, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC, United States
- Alex Popa, Most Recently Partner and Portfolio Manager, The Capital Group, Bucharest, Romania
- Kamal Quadir, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, bKash Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bahiyah Yasmeen Robinson, Founding Partner, Include Ventures, Washington, DC, United States
- Dianne Sandoval, Head of Markets, Asset Classes, and Portfolio Strategy, Public Investment Fund, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Ben Savage, Partner, Clocktower Technology Ventures, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Nimisha Srivastava, Head of Investments, North America, Willis Towers Watson PLC, Charlotte, NC, United States
- Shundrawn Thomas, Founder and Managing Partner, The Copia Group, Chicago, IL, United States
- Jonathan Turner, Venture Partner, Accel Partners, London, United Kingdom
READ THE ASPEN INSTITUTE PRESS RELEASE
In an era marked by financial crises and disruptive market events, the need for transformative change within the finance industry has become undeniable. The Finance Leaders Fellowship welcomes the 2023 Class as they embark on a two-year leadership journey to cultivate a new generation of industry frontrunners who not only excel in their fields but ...
Representing a diverse range of global perspectives and sectors within the finance ecosystem, the 23 leaders of the 2021 Class are committing to a two-year fellowship that will challenge them to reflect on their roles and responsibilities as finance leaders and to cultivate a deeper understanding of values-driven leadership in practice. The ...
In honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, Kara Gustafson , Executive Director of the Aspen Institute's Finance Leaders Fellowship (FLF), sat down with four FLF Fellows who are making advancements in gender diversity and equality across the financial services industry. From helping women to successfully launch their own ...
The Aspen Institute Names Kara Gustafson New Executive Director Of The Finance Leaders Fellowship Gustafson joins the Institute from Palais Impact Advisors and Goldman Sachs. Contact: Jon Purves Senior Media Relations Manager The Aspen Institute Jon.Purves@aspeninstitute.org Washington, DC, January 26, 2021 — The Aspen Institute announced ...
CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY and discover why leadership matters in the global finance industry We invite you to join us on the journey, first by following the inspiring stories of our Fellows and our community. Then, we hope you will consider how you can play a larger role in ensuring our proven program flourishes for the good of our global ...